Twitter is one of the best social networking site, used by millions of people. It helps you to stay connected with your family, friends and co-workers. It is a great platform to exchange your quick and frequent messages. Twitter allows you to write short tweets, which should be around 140 characters. The posts created by you gets posted to your profile and then sent to your followers. Everyone who is present on Twitter obviously wanting to have a lot of followers who follow them with or without any motive. Although, it is a reality that people are only going to follow you when there is a reason or when they have something to gain from it. So, it is very important for you to follow the required steps in order to avail a large number of followers.
However, there may be certain reasons, because of which people on Twitter won’t follow you. Let’s have a look at some of these points:
1. Don’t have a proper bio: If one doesn’t have a proper Twitter bio or even have not created the bio, may become a good reason for the other people to not to follow you. A bio is necessary as it tells the people about yourself, who you are. If you don’t have a bio, other may think that you are hiding something, which throws a negative impression of yours. It only takes a few minutes to create a twitter bio, if one wants others to follow him.
2. Don’t have an Avatar: Avatar is a symbol or a picture that tells the world about your personality or interest. If you don’t have an avatar that’s mean you are trying to hide something or you are not taking interest in this site.
3. When you are on Twitter for a short period of time: For newbies, it is very difficult to create followers. If you set up an account and tweet for few times and remain absent for a long time, will give a strong reason to the people to not to follow you.
4. When you have locked your account: Becoming too private on Twitter can make it difficult for the people to keep a track of the contents to be retweeted. If your account is locked, people may not like to follow you.
5. When you don’t have anything worth to share: Whatever you share, should be meaning full and interesting. If you tweet for several times, but it makes no sense to other people than it will not add value to anyone and you weren’t followed by others.
6. When you don’t tweet on a regular basis: It is very necessary to remain active on Twitter. It doesn’t mean that you have to tweet daily, but you should be regular in tweeting, otherwise people may miss your tweets and not follow you.
7. When you are using self-promotional links: If it seems that you are mostly using self-promotional links or words, others may not feel the need of following you. It is just a social medium and should be used in a way that people will feel like following you.
8. If you only tweet about your business: If you always talk about your business, it will be like you are promoting it and hence, others may not going to show any interest in following you.
9. When you use Twitter for selling your products: Twitter is not a channel to sell or promote your products. It is just a platform to share your view and messages. So, if people feel that you are basically trying to sell your product and they may not show any interest in following you.
10. If you are promoting porn or gambling: Putting stuff like porn or gambling things will definitely not going to help you in building a large online following. So, it is always advisable to keep good and meaning-full stuff that will attract others to re-tweet.
Every day, thousands of people are signing up for Twitter. So, before signing up for your account, you should keep all the above mentioned points in your mind so that you can enjoy a large number of followers.